lavera Sun Sensitive - Organic Mineral Lip Balm SPF 10 - 4.5g
lavera Organic Mineral Lip Balm SPF 10 instantly protects delicate lips. Organic oils and moisturising plant extracts protect the lips and prevent them from drying. Selected naturals minerals protect lips against UVA and UVB rays.
Nourishing organic jojoba, almond and sea buckthorn oils intensively care delicate lips with a natural protection film – for perfectly protected and soft lips. No more dryness, cracking and peeling. Without harsh ingredients but with carefully chosen organic oils to hydrate lips the natural way.
- Organic Jojoba is used to nourish lips.
- Organic Almond and Organic Sea Buckthorn Oils are used to keep lips moisturised.
This lip balm is suitable during pregnancy.
lavera Sun Sensitive Range
lavera sun sensitive is an award winning chemical free sun range without any harsh ingredients. Provides high-level sun care and protection for every situation - waterproof and 100% natural. The minerals reflect penetrating sunlight as soon as the product is applied, so it is instantly effective and doesn`t require time to develop. UVA and UVB sun rays are reflected which helps to protect the skin against sunburn and skin damage.
UVA and UVB rays
UVA rays are long length rays which penetrate deep into the skin
The results can be:
- Loss of tightness of the skin caused by damage to the elastin and collagen fibres, which makes skin supple and firm.
- Development of free radicals.
- Permanent harm to DNA - Result: Premature skin ageing and wrinkles.
UVB radiation is the main cause of sunburn. Sun Care products with SPF in protect the skin from UVB rays. A product with an SPF15 blocks about 92% of UVB radiation, one with SPF20 blocks about 95%. Sunscreens with higher SPF`s only provide minimal more UVB protection. UVB rays reach their peak in intensity from 11am - 3pm in summer. These are middle length rays which penetrate the top layer of the skin, this triggers the production of melanin.
The results can be:
- Damage to the DNA at the heart of the skin cells, one of the foremost causes of skin cancer.
Each skin type has its own natural protection time. Without the
appropriate sunscreen you should not, under any circumstances,
stay in the sun for longer than this time. People with extremely
sensitive skin also react in a more sensitive way to the sun. A
cream with sun protection factor (SPF) prolongs the time you
can stay in the sun without running the risk of getting sunburn
according to the following formula:
skin`s own protection time x sun protection factor
For fair skin this means for example:
approx. 10 min. x SPF 20 = 200 min. = 3 ¼ hours of sun exposure time
This formula applies to all sun protection factors. Once you you have reached your sun exposure limit it is advisable not to expose the skin to the sun even though more cream may have been applied.
The lavera Guarantee
- 100% free from synthetic preservatives, perfumes, colourants and mineral oil products.
- 100% pure vegetable oils, active plant agents and essences.
- 100% skin mild emulsifiers and surfactants.
- Produced according to either BDIH or NaTrue guidelines for natural cosmetics.
- Against animal testing.
Many lavera products are certified by NaTrue as natural cosmetics so you can see at a glance that the product is genuinely natural.
Unlike other certification schemes which are often expensive to sign up to and lucrative for the certifying body, NaTrue is a not-for-profit initiative. Started in 2008, by an international group of natural and organic manufacturers sharing the highest ideals, NaTrue operates worldwide.
The NaTrue label is your guarantee that the product you are buying is as natural as it can be:
- Natural and organic ingredients.
- Soft manufacturing processes.
- Environmentally friendly practices.
- No synthetic fragrances and colours.
- No petroleum derived products (Parafines, PEG, Propyl, Alkyl etc.)
- No genetically modified ingredients (complying with EU organic regulation.)
- No irradiation of end product and botanical ingredients.
- Products may not be tested on animal.
Requirements to be met by packaging and packaging materials:
- As far as possible packaging must be kept to a minimum.
- If at all possible, products should be designed for multiple use (except for sample packs).
- If at all technically feasible and available, recyclable packaging materials, if possible made of renew-able raw materials, are to be used.
- Halogenated plastics may not be used as packaging materials.
- Pressurised gas (VOC) packs cannot be certified as natural or organic cosmetics according to NaTrue.
For more information visit the NaTrue website here