Britebox Energise is a stylish, optimum 10,000 D-Lux S.A.D Light box, If you need an effective SAD lamp for the treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder then you need the Britebox Energise.
- Dimensions: Open: W 550mm x H 500mm x D 60mm Closed: W 275mm x H 500mm x D 120mm
- Weight: 4kg (8.5lb)
- Colour: Grey Box
- 10,000 Lux at very comfortable 18-inches (45cm)
- Bulbs: 4
- Only 30-minutes light therapy required per day
- Energy efficient, less than 1p per 30 minute session
- SAD Lamp life - 10,000 hours
- Built in 30-minute timer reduces possibility of over-exposure
- Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- 2 screens giving greater light output area & directional control
- Compact and lightweight (easy to carry, transport and store)
- Includes a desk stand and canvas bag
- Approximately 85-90% sufferers recover after only 4-10 days of use
- Exceptional daylight quality (6400K) is comfortable on the eye
- Contemporary aesthetic styling - portable and easy to store
- The Britebox is a class IIa medical device
- The Britebox DOES NOT give out UV light
- Mains powered 220-240v 5 AMP fuse
- Medically tested and certified
For replacement bulbs, wall brackets and stands visit the Light Therapy Accessories Category here.
How the Britebox Energise works:
As the days draw in during autumn and the general daytime light levels reduce we therefore process less light via our retinas. This causes us to produce higher levels of a hormone called melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone which we produce, via the pineal gland, during the evening and night and is secreted into our bloodstream so as to induce and maintain sleep.
However, people who suffer with seasonal affective disorder will process so little light that they thus produce high levels of melatonin. This causes the individual to feel very tired and lethargic, to the point that they could sleep at any time during the day. Other symptoms are lack of motivation, feeling unsociable and a low mood.
The low mood or depression is brought on for the following reason. As the SAD sufferer is producing high levels of melatonin, this melatonin is in turn using serotonin as a part of its production. Serotonin is a hormone or neurotransmitter which is produced in a structure of the brain called the amygdala, which is part of the limbic system or animal part of the brain and is largely specific for emotions like happiness and depression.
Our retinas pick up this light and change it into electrical pulses, which are sent directly to the pineal gland, and thus signals for the reduction of melatonin production. With the melatonin production reduced, serotonin levels will therefore increase. The ultimate outcome of light therapy is that the individual who is suffering with SAD will soon become much more energetic, motivated and more optimistic. Indeed, a lot like the SAD sufferer will normally feel during the spring and summer (back to his/her true self).
The effects of a good SAD light box will be seen within only 10 days so don’t hesitate, order your Britebox Energise and energise your life now.