The B-Complex vitamins are bio-transformed and are essential for helping maintain energy throughout the body and for a healthy nervous system. True Food B Complex provides high levels of each B vitamin, plus bio-trandsormed Vitamin C and Magnesium.
Vitamin B is a complex of several vitamins. The name arises because it was once considered a single vitamin, much like Vitamin C or Vitamin D. Since later research has shown it is in fact a complex of chemically distinct vitamins that happen to often coexist in the same foods, the name has gradually declined in use, being replaced by the generic term `the B vitamins`, the vitamin B complex, or by the specific names of each vitamin.
A list of B Vitamins
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2, (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3, also Vitamin P or Vitamin PP (Niacin)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine and Pyridoxamine)
- Vitamin B7, also Vitamin H and Vitamin B-w (Biotin)
- Vitamin B9, also Vitamin M and Vitamin B-c (Folic acid) - important for pregnancies
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
The B vitamins often work together. B vitamins have been shown to help support and maintain:
- A healthy metabolism.
- Healthy skin and muscle tone.
- Healthy Immune and nervous system function.
- Proper cell growth and division — including that of the red blood cells.
- A healthy, balanced and relaxed outlook
- A Healthy heart and cardiovascular system
Because of the way the True Food products are made and absorbed in the body they do not have to be attached to a carrier. The body sees the True Food products as food which means there are many more opportunities (ie receptor sites) for absorption in the digestive tract than there are for regular supplements.
True Food nutrient
True Food nutrients also contain B vitamins, betaglucans, glutathione, choline, inositol, amino acids and other phytonutrients naturally found in fermented food cultures of Saccaharomyces cerevisiae (food yeast).