SELFCheck Blood Glucose Test Kit is a simple and reliable test to check whether your overall blood glucose level is within normal limits. This test is fast and reliable and will give you the result within 2 minutes.
Benefits of SELFCheck Blood Glucose Test Kit
- Requires only 1 drop of whole blood - Fast & reliable - visual result within 2 minutes.
- Detects levels of blood glucose ranging between 1-55mmol/l (0-1000mg/dl).
- Diabetes affects over 2 million people in the UK and tends to effect adults over 40 and those who are overweight.
- Diabetes is a "silent" illness and first occurs without symptoms.
- Left undetected and untreated can lead to kidney failure, impaired eyesight, nerve damage and cardiovascular risk.
- Increased glucose levels in urine indicates Diabetes is already at a late stage.
- Therefore early detection of high glucose levels in the blood are crucial. This simple blood test gives an early indication of whether your blood glucose level is within normal limits.
Why is this test important to me?
Diabetes is one of the world`s most prevalent medical conditions. Long term and untreated high levels of glucose in the blood can damage all the blood vessels in the human body. It can lead to impaired eyesight, kidney failure, nerve damage, erectile dysfunction and poor wound healing capacity. There is also a significantly higher risk of cardiac arrest and strokes. This test gives you a reliable estimate and an early indication of whether your blood glucose level is within normal limits and whether or not you are at risk of diabetes.
When do I perform this test?
For best results the test should be carried out on an empty stomach and you should not have had anything to ear or drink for a period of 12 hours before carrying out the test. For more accurate results take the test first thing in the morning. It would be helpful to interpret the test results in a good light source in order to interpret the colour variations better.