BioCare Copper Gluconate - 1.1mg Elemental Copper - 90 x 8.5mg Tablets
Copper is normally found in foods such as barley, lentils, honey, cashew nuts, mushrooms and molasses.
Those individuals following restrictive or calorie controlled diets may find that their dietary intake of copper can be inadequate. Therefore supplementation of this trace mineral may be necessary.
Features of Copper Gluconate:
- Copper promotes red blood cell formation;
- Copper is required for the production of enzymes involved in respiration;
- Copper supports connective tissue formation;
- Copper is involved in the release of iron to form haemoglobin, the complex used to transport oxygen in the blood;
- Copper may be clinically required during pregnancy and lactation;
- Copper requirements may be increased after surgery;
- Copper requirements may increase in individuals with severe burns and trauma injuries;
- Copper may be required where dietary intake is inadequate due to reduced calorie intake;
- Copper may be required by older individuals.