Inorganic iron is frequently associated with stomach upsets. However, by utilising organic molecules such as ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and malic acid to improve absorption, people who are generally sensitive to iron supplementation tolerate iron without any upset.
It has been known for many years that malic acid found naturally in apples, and vitamin C found in oranges, act as biologically active mineral transporters for molecular iron by changing ferric iron III to ferric iron II.
Features of Iron Complex:
- Iron carries vital oxygen around the body as part of haemoglobin;
- Iron is needed for the metabolism of B vitamins and also supports HCl (hydrochloric acid) production;
- Iron is essential in helping to support the body`s natural defence against infections;
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and malic acid help optimise iron absorption;
- Useful for individuals with malabsorption and poor iron status;
- Particularly suited to those individuals who are sensitive to inorganic iron supplementation.