Potassium Citrate provides potassium ions naturally bonded to citric acid. Citric acid is an organic acid widely found in fruits, which effectively bonds with many minerals and trace nutrients acting as an efficient transport mechanism in the diet.
Features of Potassium Citrate:
- Potassium helps regulate the fluid and acid/alkaline balance in the body;
- Potassium is required in protein synthesis and helps the body deal withmetabolic end by-products;
- Potassium may be required by individuals taking diuretics;
- Potassium stimulates peristalsis, the muscle reflex in the intestines and stomach;
- Potassium is required for nerve transmission and heart rhythm;
- Potassium assists with oxygen transportation to the brain;
- Potassium citrate requires little acidification prior to absorption.