Probiotic bacteria favourably alter the intestinal microflora balance, promote good digestion and boost immune function.
Lactobacilli and bifidobacteria maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora by producing organic compounds, such as lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, and acetic acid; that increase the acidity of the intestine and inhibit the reproduction of many harmful bacteria.
Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria.
Our digestive system is colonised by billions of bacteria and most of them are harmless. However, a favourable balance between the beneficial and the pathogenic bacteria must be kept to maintain a healthy system and its regular nature.
To help safeguard this balance, the use of capsules containing beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum is now an established practice.
Features of Bifidobacterium Bifidum:
- Provides a single strain of Bifidobacterium bifidum;
- Bifidobacterium bifidum has been shown to enhance the efficiency of the human digestive system;
- Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria;
- Vacuum packed for stability;
- Dairy free;
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans;