Phosphatidyl Serine is a phospholipid which supports the integrity and fluidity of cell membranes.
Brain cells have to use cell membranes to conduct energy and to communicate using neurotransmitters.
Features of Phosphatidyl Serine:
- Phosphatidyl serine is the major phospholipid in the brain;
- Phosphatidyl serine is ubiquitous in membranes and obligatory for all;
- Phosphatidyl serine supports nerve transmitter release;
- Phosphatidyl serine facilitates membrane to membrane fusion, a central process in nerve transmitter release;
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.