Best Proteolytic Enzymes is a potent formulation containing a broad spectrum of proteolytic enzymes (proteases). Proteolytic enzymes function in the body to digest and break down proteins into their amino acid components.
Doctor`s Best designed this exceptionally potent, high-quality proteolytic enzyme formula to include a broad spectrum of proteolytic enzymes from a variety of plant, bacterial, and fungal proteases. The goal was to create a blend that works at a variety of pH levels to support the body`s native enzymatic needs. Maintaining optimal enzymatic function is a key factor in supporting the foundation for health and wellness of numerous individuals.
- Bromelain - a general name for a family of proteolytic enzymes derived from the pineapple plant;
- Papain - a proteolytic enzyme derived from the sap (also called latex or milk) of unripe papaya. Traditionally used with Bromelain;
- Fungal amylase - an enzyme derived from the fungus Aspergillus oryza. Breaks down carbohydrates, such as starch, and glycogen;
- Lipase - the main enzyme responsible for breaking down fats. Lipases hydrolyze triglycerides (fats) into their component fatty acid and glycerol molecules;
- Protease (bacterial, fungal, neutral) - a group of enzymes whose catalytic function is to hydrolyze (breakdown) peptide bonds of proteins. Proteases differ in their ability to hydrolyze various peptide bonds. Bacterial proteases are optimally active in alkaline conditions, fungal proteases in more acidic conditions, and neutral proteases (from bacteria) are optimally active at a neutral pH.;
- Rutin - an antioxidant citrus flavonoid consisting of sugar molecules bound to a quercetin backbone. Rutin is known to modulate the immune and circulatory systems;
- Serratiopeptidase (Serrapeptase) - This proteolytic enzyme has been shown to be more powerful than the pancreatic enzymes, proteolytic enzymes, chymotrypsin and trypsin;