Looking for a high potency vitamin C (500mg) in a non-acidic form? Then this product may be for you. This form of vitamin C is less acidic than isolated ascorbic acid, and therefore gentler on the stomach.
Vitamin C, or Ascorbic Acid, is an essential, water-soluble vitamin that cannot be manufactured by or stored in the body, so needs to be replaced on a daily basis. Your daily requirement for it is higher than any other water-soluble nutrient. Storing, peeling, freezing and cooking food can deplete its vitamin C content.
What does it do?
- Helps support the growth and repair of tissue;
- Helps support healthy skin, bones, tendons and joints;
- Helps support iron absorption;
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant: helps support your immune system;
- Helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels;
- Is involved in fat metabolism;
- Made from calcium ascorbate, Nature`s Own Vitamin C Plus Bioflavonoids also has the added benefit of 50mg of natural bioflavonoids from rose hips. Bioflavonoids naturally accompany vitamin C in fruit and vegetables, and they appear to assist in the absorption of vitamin C;
Why might you choose Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C) + Bioflavonoids?
- If your diet is low in fresh fruit and vegetables;
- If you are elderly, with particular nutritional requirements and consuming institutional catering;
- If you drink alcohol and smoke regularly;
- If you have a demanding lifestyle;
- If you are wanting to maintain normal cholesterol levels;
- If your work involves strenuous, physical activity;
- has been formulated to the highest standards of purity and made with your health as the first priority;
- is high potency vitamin C;
- is non-acidic;
- has added bioflavonoids to improve absorption;,/lI>
- is suitable for vegetarians;
- has no known allergic reactions;