Iron is the most abundant mineral in your blood, and has many vital roles in the maintenance of a healthy body.
What does it do?
- It combines with protein and copper to make haemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood from the lungs to the tissues;
- It is involved with enzymes related to energy metabolism;
- It is involved in the production of certain neuro-transmitters related to behaviour;
- It is involved in maintaining a healthy immune system; and
- It is necessary for the metabolism of B vitamins.
Why might you choose to take extra Iron/Molybdenum?
- If you are drinking excessive amounts of tea or coffee;
- If you are a child experiencing rapid growth (e.g. teenagers (especially girls));
- If you are pregnant or lactating (check with your Doctor); and/or
Why Nature`s Own?
Nature`s Own Iron supplement is in a Food State, which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories, who found that they:
- are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements;
- do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all the necessary food factors needed for absorption;
- have no known allergic reactions; and
- are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Nature`s Own Iron supplement contains Molybdenum because it is a vital part of the enzyme responsible for iron utilisation.