Zinc is an essential trace element, present in all tissues. Your body cannot store zinc but has a rapid turnover rate, which is why you need to keep supplies up.
What does it do?
- It is needed for healthy growth and human development;
- It is essential for a healthy immune system;
- It helps to balance blood sugars through insulin;
- It helps to maintain healthy liver function, digestion and proper metabolism of carbohydrates;
- It helps to maintain a healthy nervous system;
- It is involved in healthy reproductive organs, prostate gland and healthy semen;
Why might you choose to take extra Zinc/Copper?
- Soil deficiencies may have reduced zinc levels available in vegetables, and some zinc is removed in food processing;
- Too much fibre in the diet inhibits zinc absorption, as it binds and carries zinc away before it is accepted by the absorption sites;
- If you are consuming large amounts of tea, coffee and/or alcohol, zinc will be excreted from the body;
- If you are a sporty type, excessive sweating can cause a loss of up to 3mg / day;
Why Nature`s Own?
Nature`s Own Zinc/Copper supplement is in a Food State, which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories, who found that they:
- are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements;
- do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all the necessary food factors needed for absorption;
- have no known allergic reactions;
- are suitable for vegetarians;
Nature`s Own Zinc supplement is combined with a small amount of copper. Zinc and copper compete for absorption sites in your body, and an excess of one will deplete the other. This ratio prevents copper deficiency from long-term zinc supplementation.