Theanine is a non-essential amino acid known to promote a relaxed and restful state, without diminishing alertness or causing drowsiness.
In addition to supporting a sense of calm, contentment and wellbeing it can also assist mental alertness, learning and concentration.
By maintaining levels of the calming neurotransmitters in the brain, such as GABA (gamma amino butyric acid), dopamine and serotonin, Theanine can help to balance mood and regulate emotion.
It has also been shown to generate alpha-brain waves similar to those achieved through meditation, thereby promoting relaxation and tranquility without sedation.
Theanine is also believed to encourage sound and restful sleep.
- Supports a relaxed and restful state without drowsiness;
- Supports mental alertness, learning and concentration;
- Maintains healthy levels of calming neurotransmitters;
- Supports a sense of wellbeing;
- Encourages restful sleep.