A nutrient-rich blue green algae, Spirulina is a quantum leap beyond ordinary nutritional supplements as it contains the most complete source of nutrients found in any single food.
Lifestream Bioactive Spirulina is a superior strain unlike any other Spirulina. Hand picked for its purity and nutritional potency from 35 varieties worldwide, it is richer in Iron, Calcium, Vitamin E, Zinc and more.
The Spirulina in this product is certified free of herbicides, pesticides and synthetic fillers or additives, GM free and suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
- High biological value protein - Spirulina contains more protein than any other natural food more than meat and fish (15-25%), soya beans (35%), dried milk (35%), peanuts (25%), eggs (12%), grains (8-14%) or whole milk (3%).
- All eight essential amino acids - and ten non-essential amino acids – in terms of nutritional profile, spirulina is the closest thing to mother`s milk.
- High Iron, Calcium and mineral content - Iron & Calcium for healthy blood, bones, nerves and muscles. Spirulina is nature`s richest wholefood source of Biochelated Iron, which is completely non-toxic. 58 times richer than raw spinach and 28 times richer than raw beef liver.
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) - an essential fatty acid thought to help support the body against heart disease, arthritis and the symptoms of ageing. Spirulina contains more GLA than Evening Primrose Oil.
- Natural Carotenes & Antioxidants - helping to maintain skin and hair and general well-being. Spirulina contains every natural antioxidant known; the antioxidant vitamins B-1 and B-6; the minerals zinc, manganese and copper, the amino acid methionine; and the super-antioxidants betacarotene (25 times richer than raw carrots), vitamin E and trace element selenium.
- Wide spectrum of vitamins - including natural vitamin E for promoting normal red cell formation and vitamins B-12, B-2 and B-6 to aid absorption, release energy from food, and enhance brain function.
- Low fat content - proper balanced nutrition reduces the body`s craving for food. Coupled with virtually no fat, spirulina may be a great addition to any weight loss programme.