TERRANOVA Digestive Enzyme Complex is enhanced with highly active, whole and unadulterated superfoods and botanicals. May help the digestion of food to maintain a healthy digestive system.
Fennel seeds are used in many cultures as a digestive tonic.
Green Barley Grass
Barley grass is a rich source of chlorophyll, which is often used as a `freshener` for the digestive tract due to its influence on healthy bacterial balance in the intestines. Barley grass is also rich in dietary fibre, which provides support for a healthy digestive system.
Stabilised Rice Bran
SRB contains both insoluble and soluble forms of fibre, which support the overall benefits of probiotic bacteria in maintaining a healthy digestive tract. Especially significant to the role of beneficial bacteria is the content of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in SRB. FOS is a type of indigestible carbohydrate which acts as a prebiotic (a substance that enhances the viability and/or activity of beneficial digestive bacteria).
Ginger Rhizome & Root
Ginger may support healthy digestive activity in the stomach, as well as possessing a soothing effect on the intestinal tract.
Artichoke leaves are often used to encourage healthy processing of dietary fats within the digestive system.
Like fennel, the highly pungent and aromatic seeds of cardamom have been used since ancient times as a carminative and digestive tonic.
The powerfully bitter compounds within gentian root are associated with its common use as a stomach and overall digestive tonic, as well as its reputed value in maintaining health bile flow.
What Is MAGNIFOOD?
Each Terranova nutritional product is enhanced with its own synergistic complex of botanicals and phytonutrient-rich foods, called Magnifood. Magnifood ingredients are combined in a manner which enhances the body`s biochemical environment in order to maximise the potential benefits of the product`s vitamins, minerals and/or other nutrients. Many of the plants used in Magnifood are fresh freeze dried. Research shows that fresh freeze drying has the unique ability to retain a plant`s enzymes, and is shown to be superior to other drying methods in terms of activity, stability, solubility and preservation of a plant`s original fresh chemistry (as it was when the plant was harvested).
- Enhancing absorption, bioavailability, utilisation, activity, stability, function and effect of the product`s nutrients.
- Providing synergistic enzymes and co-factors crucial to the utilisation and functions of the product`s nutrients.
- Providing a vast array of phytonutrients that enhance the potential functions and/or applications of the product.
- Providing ingredients which enhance the overall content of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in the product.
- Protecting ingredients from oxidative damage, helping to support the stability and activity of the product`s nutrients.