SELFCheck Bowel Health Test is a simple and reliable test to detect symptoms of colon polyps. This is a fast and reliable test with a result within 5 minutes.
Benefits of SELFCheck Bowel Health Test:
- Rapid test to detect the first symptoms of colon polyps, adenomas, carcinomas and other silent lesions.
- Detects occult (hidden) bleeding: 0.14ul blood / 1g stool.
- Fast & reliable - visual result within 5 minutes.
- This test has been extensively evaluated by the largest European screening study (150,000 people over a period of 5 years).
- Cancer of the bowel is the third most common cancer in the UK.
- It usually takes around 5-10 years for colon cancer formation. Therefore early detection is very important and can save lives.
- Everyone over the age of 40 should perform a yearly fecal occult blood test in order to minimise risk and detect colon polyps (precursors of cancer).
Why is this test important?
95% of all cases of colon (bowel) cancer result from benign tumors called polyps that grow inside the colon. This means that this type of cancer is one of the few where the development of tumours can be prevented by early intervention. Polyps in the colon often remain undetected for many years until they develop into a cancerous form. If a polyp is found in time and removed. it can half the development of colon cancer. Early detection of colon cancer is very important and everyone over the age of 40 should perform a yearly fecal occult blood test in order to minimise risk.
When do I perform this test?
This test can be performed quickly at any time of day during a bowel movement. No dietary restrictions are necessary before performing the test.
For Women: This test must not be performed during and within 3 days of your period.