SELFCheck Stomach Ulcer Test Kit is a simple and reliable test to detect an infection of helicobacter pylori which is linked to stomach ulcers. This test is fast and reliable and will give you a result within 10 minutes.
Benefits of SELFCheck Stomach Ulcer Test Kit:
- Rapid test to detect an infection of helicobacter pylori which is linked to stomach ulcers.
- Fast & reliable - visual result within 10 minutes.
- This test has been extensively evaluated by the largest European screening study (150,000 people over a period of 5 years).
- It is estimated half of the world`s population is infected by the stomach bacterium helicobacter pylori.
- Helicobacter pylori has been known as a class 1 cancerogen since 1994 (World Health Organisation).
- People have a 6-7 times higher risk for stomach carcinoma if helicobacter pylori positive.
- No symptoms are normally present during the first years of infection of helicobacter pylori. Helicobacter pylori causes chronic gastritis in the stomach and duodenum, them later causing the formation of ulcers.
- Once diagnosed it is easily treatable with antibiotics and after positive eradication the reinfection rate is very low (only 1%).
Why is this test important to me?
It is estimated that half the worlds population is infected by the stomach bacterium helicobacter pylori "H. pylori" causes conditions such as gastritis and ulcers. Untreated long term infection causes damage to the mucous membrane of the stomach cancer. However, by suitable medication with antibiotics bacterium can be treated.
Note: If you have previously been infected with helicobacter pylori and the infection was treated with antibiotics, the test may produce positive result for up to 12 months, due to the remaining antibodies.
When do I perform this test?
This test can be performed quickly at any time of the day. No dietary restrictions are necessary before performing the test.