LAMBERTS Vitamin D3 4000iu provides 100µg of this important nutrient in the preferred D3 form, and at a strength that is increasingly being recommended to help correct deficiencies.
In the UK, the only significant food source of vitamin D is oily fish. Most of our vitamin D comes from the sun.
UK Population`s Vitamin D deficiency
But there is a problem: many people in the UK never get what they need from sunlight alone because:
- Sunlight`s ability to help us produce vitamin D is hampered by season – it only works in the summer
- Latitude – the UK is far north
- Time of day – needs to be between 11am and 3pm
- Cloud cover – complete cloud cover reduces vitamin D synthesis by 50%
- Smog/pollution – most of us live in cities
- Skin melanin content – the darker skinned you are, the less vitamin D you`ll get from the sun
- The use of sunscreen – SPF 8 and above
Even in summer, when vitamin D is most available, it is estimated that 45% of the English population have vitamin D levels of less than 40nmol/L (deficient), and that 75% fail to reach the ‘optimal’ level of 75nmol/L.
That’s why the natural Vitamin D3 in this product is the same form produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight.
Benefits of LAMBERTS Vitamin D3 4000iu
- Easy to take, small vegicaps
- Pure grade vitamin D3
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Made in the UK
- Creation of Lamberts® 4000iu Vitamin D3 requires specialist knowledge
LAMBERTS is the UK`s leading supplier of food supplements to Practitioners, GP`s, Nutritionists and Pharmacists who use nutrition in healthcare.
Their healthcare philosophy consists of sound science – they only develop health products supported by a valid scientific rationale, and always at the right potency for maximum benefit.