A complex of magnesium and taurine which may be particularly suited to cardiovascular support.
Taurine is one of the sulphur rich group of amino acids and most prevalent in heart tissue. It also plays a role in neurotransmitter balance. Women have a requirement for taurine as the female hormone, oestrodiol, is found to inhibit the synthesis of taurine in the liver.
Features of Magnesium Taurine:
- Magnesium is needed for supporting cardiovascular health;
- Taurine is the most prevalent amino acid in the heart tissue;
- Taurine helps to conserve potassium and calcium in the heart muscle and therefore helps support cardiovascular function;
- Taurine interacts with bile salts and cholesterol to help maintain their solubility;
- Magnesium and taurine may help to support concentration and memory recall;
- Magnesium is required to support the function of nerves and muscles.