BioCare Zinc Citrate is a well-absorbed form of zinc in the form of a small tablet that can be swallowed or dissolved in water. Zinc Citrate is a high potency, economical form of zinc; useful where high doses of zinc are required.
Zinc has many general health benefits, including its contribution to normal cognitive function, maintenance of normal hair, skin, nails and bones - as well as contributing to normal fertility and reproduction support.
Mineral citrates are formed by bonding mineral ions to citric acid. Citric acid, an organic acid widely found in fruits, effectively bonds to many minerals and trace nutrients - acting as an efficient mineral transporter within a diet. Zinc citrate occurs naturally in human breast milk.
Features of BioCare Zinc Citrate:
- Zinc is an antioxidant mineral, essential for many vital enzymatic processes;
- Zinc is needed for a healthy reproductive and immune system, for tissue renewal, maintenance of the skin and for healthy bones and teeth;
- Zinc is necessary for the sense of taste and smell;
- Zinc is required for insulin formation and activity;
- Zinc helps maintain healthy liver function and releases vitamin A from the liver;
- Zinc is required for the development of the skeleton, nervous system and brain function in the growing foetus;
- Citrates have a high absorption rate and require little acidification prior to absorption;
- Water soluble tablet that can be taken as a `lozenge` if required;
- Suitable for individuals with low stomach acid and poor zinc status.
BioCare offer an extensive range of science-based nutritional supplements, including the full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, fatty acids, probiotics and specialist combinations.
With over 30 years’ expertise in developing premium nutritional supplements, BioCare continue to provide the most effective and highest quality products to effectively meet the needs of every individual.