A well-absorbed form of zinc in the form of a small tablet and can be dissolved in water if needed. Zinc Citrate is an economical form, useful where high doses of zinc are required.
Mineral citrates are formed by bonding mineral ions to citric acid. Citric acid is an organic acid widely found in fruits which effectively bonds to many minerals and trace nutrients acting as an efficient mineral transporter in the diet. Zinc citrate occurs naturally in human breast milk.
Features of Zinc Citrate:
- Zinc is an antioxidant mineral, essential for many vital enzymatic processes;
- Zinc is needed for a healthy reproductive and immune system, for tissue renewal, maintenance of the skin and for healthy bones and teeth;
- Zinc is necessary for the sense of taste and smell;
- Zinc is required for insulin formation and activity;
- Zinc helps maintain healthy liver function and releases vitamin A from the liver;
- Zinc is required for the development of the skeleton, nervous system and brain function in the growing foetus;
- Citrates have a high absorption rate and require little acidification prior to absorption;
- Suitable for individuals with low stomach acid and poor zinc status.