Dricelle Omega Plex combines Borage Oil, Fish Oil and Linseed Oil. These omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids help to maintain a healthy heart and circulation and can help to maintain the integrity of the skin.
Borage oil is derived from the seeds of the borage (Borago officinalis) plant. Borage oil is found primarily in supplements. Its presumed active ingredient, GLA, can also be found in black currant seed oil and evening primrose oil supplements. However, it is not known whether the effects of these three oils in the body, are the same.
Oil from fish contains eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA); both are omega-3 fatty acids.
The parent fatty acid in the Omega 3 family of polyunsaturates is Alpha-Linolenic Acid which can be converted in the body to longer chain members such as Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA).
The main dietary sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids are oily fish such as mackerel and herring which are little consumed by Western populations.
Omega-3 fatty acids help maintain a healthy heart and facilitate the utilisation of oxygen by the heart muscle. Omega-3 fatty acids also help maintain the integrity of the epithelial tissue lining the lungs and intestinal tract and the skin.
When taken in conjunction with a low fat diet, fish oils can help maintain normal cholesterol levels and platelet integrity.
Eskimos were found to have lower levels of Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDL) and higher levels of High Density Lipoproteins (HDL). Fatty acids in fish oils consumed by Eskimos are thought to be the reason why the Eskimo can eat such a high fat diet and yet maintain a healthy heart.
Linseed oil, also known as flax seed oil, is a yellowish drying oil derived from the dried ripe seeds of the flax plant (Linum usitatissimum, Linaceae). Linseed is a good source of dietary fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, and lignans.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs), such as omega 3 and 6, make up the cell membranes of every cell in the body, and produce hormone-like substances that are important for many biochemical processes, including energy metabolism, cardiovascular and immune system health.
Features of Dricelle Omega Plex:
- DriCelle Omega Plex provides an ideal balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids;
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids help to maintain a healthy heart and circulation;
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can help to maintain the integrity of the skin;
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are required to maintain the integrity of the epithelial tissue lining the lungs and intestinal tract;
- Provides fish oil from anchovies and sardines and is free from detectable PCB`s and contaminants;
- Contains added vitamin E and vitamin C to enhance stability and as antioxidants;
- Vacuum packed to maintain freshness and to protect delicate oils from oxidation;
- DriCelle Omega Plex mixed into water produces a pleasant tasting effervescent lemon drink;
- More convenient than taking large numbers of capsules to deliver required nutritional intakes of essential fatty acids.