Best before date is 31st January 2019
BioCare Acidophilus provides lactobacillus acidophilus to maintain a healthy balance of intestinal microflora. Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria.
Our digestive system is colonised by billions of bacteria and most of them are harmless. However, a favourable balance between the beneficial and the pathogenic bacteria must be kept to maintain a healthy system and its regular nature.
To help safeguard this balance, the use of capsules containing beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum is now an established practice.
Features of Acidophilus:
- Provides Lactobacillus acidophilus to maintain a healthy balance of intestinal microflora;
- Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria;
- Lactobacillus acidophilus may reduce the proliferation of yeast organisms;
- Lactobacillus acidophilus has been shown to help reduce dietary cholesterol when taken in conjunction with a low fat diet;
- Lactobacillus acidophilus helps assist the digestion of lactose in milk products by producing lactase;
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is helpful in repopulating the gut after the use of antibiotics;
- Vacuum packed to maintain the stability of this fragile organism;
- Dairy free;
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.