Best Before Date is 31st October 2021
BioCare Infantis Powder is a probiotic powder ideally suited to supplementing the diet of new born babies and up to weaning. Bifidobacterium lactis has a unique role in human micro-ecology.
At birth the gastrointestinal tract is sterile, and as such, is open to colonisation by many micro-organisms present in the environment.
In breast-fed infants up to weaning, the initial microbial flora is dominated by Bifidobacteria, most notably Bifidobacterium lactis, with the Lactobacilli being in lower numbers and the Streptococci and Coliforms in lower numbers still.
In bottle-fed infants, Bifidobacteria such as Bifidobacterium lactis are not normally present in high numbers and the flora is instead a mixture of Lactobacilli, Coliforms and Streptococci.
- Provides a single strain of Bifidobacterium lactis;
- Bifidobacteria are the main friendly intestinal bacteria in breast-fed infants;
- Bifidobacteria are able to outgrow potentially pathogenic organisms;
- Bifidobacterium lactis supports gut flora balance in infants up to weaning;
- Fructooligosaccharides (F.O.S.) when ingested, provide a specific food source for the growth of friendly intestinal bacteria;
- Dairy free;
- Vacuum packed for stability;
- Human strain and acid resistant.