MindLinx, the gut-brain connection, is a synergistic combination of specific probiotics and L-glutamine to support the healthy function of the gastrointestinal tract and cognitive wellbeing.
The amino acid glutamine is the primary fuel of the lining of the intestines and is important for immune function. It can also be used as a fuel by brain cells and is stored in muscles.
Probiotic bacteria favourably alter the intestinal microflora balance, promote good digestion and boost immune function.
Lactobacilli and bifidobacteria maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora by producing organic compounds, such as lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, and acetic acid.
Our digestive system is colonised by billions of bacteria and most of them are harmless. However, a favourable balance between the beneficial and the pathogenic bacteria must be kept to maintain a healthy system and its regular nature.
Features of BioCare MindLinx
- L-Glutamine is necessary for intestinal epithelial growth and may be required in larger amounts to promote and maintain a healthy intestinal lining.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is a well-researched bacterium and confers numerous health benefits, including the promotion of immune status, enhanced digestion and decreased susceptibility to seasonal disorders.
- Dietary protein digestion may be aided by the presence of Lactobacillus rhamnosus species in the gut.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus is also noted for its ability to support levels of the immuno-supportive antibody sIgA.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus lactis have both been shown to support gut immune function.
- Vacuum packed to maintain stability.
- Dairy free.
- Suitable for children.