Beet is believed to be native of the Mediterranean region of Europe and probably Western Asia. It has been used as a vegetable for the last 2000 years, even by early Greeks and Romans. It was so appreciated by ancients that it was offered on silver to Apollo in his temple at Delphi.
Beetroot contains sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, iron, copper, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C. Each capsule provides approximately 1-2mg of elemental iron.
Features of Beetroot Extract:
- Beetroot provides a good source of anthocyanadins, a natural antioxidant that contributes to its deep red colour;
- Beetroot extract provides a natural source of bioavailable vitamins and minerals;
- Beetroot may support the natural process of elimination;
- Beetroot may support the liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidneys;
- The iron contained in beetroot is in an organic form, is non-irritating and should not cause constipation;
- Beetroot is naturally rich in alkaline elements;
- Vacuum packed to enhance stability and shelf life;
- Can be used as a gentle food-form iron and mineral supplement during pregnancy, without any of the common problems associated with taking other forms of iron supplementation;
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.