Best Before Date is 28th February 2022
An excellent choice for those who already have quality omega 6 sources in their diet or those wanting to build their omega 3 levels. A delightful nutty taste makes it easy to mix into foods and smoothies.
What are Essential Fats?
Scientists have given essential fats their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance we eat, so a direct food source is required - hence the name essential fats. There are many kinds of fats, but only two kinds of essential fats: Omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and Omega 6 Linoleic Acid (LA), both of which are unsaturated fats. Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough undamaged Omega 3 and Omega 6 are supplied in the right ratio. All other fats, such as Omega 9 (monounsaturated), Omega 7 and saturated fat are non-essential because the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
Flax Oil is an excellent source of Omega 3 ALA but is a poor source of omega 6 LA. Flax is considered to be too rich in Omega 3 for the long-term and can lead to Omega 6 deficiency because Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs compete for enzyme space in our cells. That is why it is important to move onto a balanced blend of Omega 3 and 6 once your Omega 3 levels have increased. Although it is generally considered that the western diet contains enough Omega 6, they generally come from poor, damaged sources. Today’s main sources of Omega 6 are cooking oils and margarines, which have been processed heavily with harsh chemicals to ensure a long shelf life. This has left us in the situation where although we do get some Omega 6 intake, it is damaged to the extent where it is now harmful, rather than beneficial to health.
This means that Flax Oil is an excellent choice for those who already have quality omega 6 sources in their diet or for those wanting to build their Omega 3 levels before switching to a balanced blend. A period of around 3 months will be sufficient for most people to build up their Omega 3 levels.
This quality nutritional oil is:
- Freshly pressed in an oxygen and light-free environment, at temperatures that do not exceed 36 C (97 F).
- Unrefined, non deodorised and unfiltered - leaving in all the minor ingredients and cofactors that are essential for the body to utilise the oil, whilst not damaging the delicate Omega 3s.
- Packaged in nitrogen flushed, amber bottles to preserve freshness.
- Certified Organic - the oil is pressed from certified organic seeds, carefully selected for flavour and maturity. Fresh, highly nutritious and rich in Omega 3 as opposed to most supermarket oils whose vital nutrients are destroyed during processing.
- Produced for health and nutritional value not shelf life.
Based in Canada, FMD began by manufacturing its own line of herbal therapeutic teas in 1965. These teas were the first of their kind to be prepared in Canada and their popularity soon blossomed.
Distributing their products in over 50 countries around the world, FMD is continually striving to remain a leader in the field of natural health by
offering only supreme quality formulas.