Udos Choice Digestive Enzyme Blend is a blend of seven active plant-based enzymes chosen to assist the breakdown of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, soluble fibre, starch, milk sugar and complex sugars. This breakdown aids healthy digestion and nutrient absorption.
They do this by providing enzyme activity combinations that are precisely balanced to optimise the body’s absorption and use of food nutrients.
What are Digestive Enzymes?
The human body makes more than 3,000 kinds of enzymes that speed up chemical reactions and save energy.
Digestive enzymes, which are only a few of the thousands of known enzymes, break down the foods we eat into basic building blocks that our body then absorbs and reassembles to build cells, tissues, organs, glands and body systems.
No matter what we eat, all our foods are made from proteins, fats, carbohydrates and a few other complex molecules. Each requires different enzymes to break them down into amino acids, fatty acids, glucose and other basic building blocks. Protease digests proteins; lipase digests fats; amylase digests starch; etc.
Where do Digestive Enzymes come from?
Two main sources:
1. Internal: the digestive system secretes a few digestive enzymes in the mouth and stomach, but most are secreted by the pancreas and small intestine.
2. External: foods that are raw, sprouted or soaked or supplements of digestive enzymes from plant or animal sources.
Benefits of Udos Choice Enzyme Blend
- Supports a hectic lifestyle and modern diets that are lacking in enzyme-containing raw foods – by replacing the naturally occurring enzymes that are lost in the preparation and cooking processes.
- Aids digestion – with a wide range of pH activity, allowing effective functioning throughout the entire digestive tract. Plant enzymes begin working in the upper stomach, are temporarily inactivated in the lower stomach and then return to their active state in the intestines, helping them to complete the digestive process.
- Helps maintain a healthy gut.
- Increases nutrient absorption – by providing enzyme combinations that are precisely balanced to optimise the body`s utilisation of food nutrients.