Zinc is an essential trace element, present in all tissues. Your body cannot store zinc but has a rapid turnover rate, which is why you need to keep supplies up.
What does it do?
- It is needed for healthy growth and human development;
- It is essential for a healthy immune system;
- It helps to balance blood sugars through insulin;
- It helps to maintain healthy liver function, digestion and proper metabolism of carbohydrates;
- It helps to maintain a healthy nervous system;
- It is involved in healthy reproductive organs, prostate gland and healthy semen;
Why might you choose to take extra Zinc/Copper?
- Soil deficiencies may have reduced zinc levels available in vegetables, and some zinc is removed in food processing;
- Too much fibre in the diet inhibits zinc absorption, as it binds and carries zinc away before it is accepted by the absorption sites;
- If you are consuming large amounts of tea, coffee and/or alcohol, zinc will be excreted from the body;
- If you are a sporty type, excessive sweating can cause a loss of up to 3mg / day;,/li>
Why Nature`s Own?
Nature`s Own Zinc/Copper supplement is in a Food State, which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories, who found that they:
- are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements;
- do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all the necessary food factors needed for absorption;
- have no known allergic reactions;
- are suitable for vegetarians and vegans;
Nature`s Own Zinc supplement is combined with a small amount of copper. Zinc and copper compete for absorption sites in your body, and an excess of one will deplete the other. This ratio prevents copper deficiency from long-term zinc supplementation.
Nature’s Own was founded in 1980 by two idealists who strived for better forms of nutrition out of a genuine desire to help the wellbeing of the nation. They pioneered the unique Food State™ and Wholefood forms of nutrition which offer better absorption, retention, and utilisation of nutrients than conventional supplements. Their products are grounded in science and supported by research and peer-reviewed studies.
Nature’s Own is a brand name of Cytoplan, wholly owned by a charitable foundation. The AIM Foundation is concerned with nutrition and health projects all over the world, as well as helping those less able to help themselves in various communities in the UK. They also provide funding to a selection of charities, including The Wave Trust, The Children’s Society and The Lighthouse Group.