Velvety Tofu Strawberry Mousse
Indulge in a taste of luxury with this tantalising Tofu Strawberry Mousse courtesy of the Clearspring Kitchen.
This elegant pink dessert is bursting with rich, creamy flavours and is impossible to resist. Its velvety texture, combined with the delicate sweetness of strawberries and a hint of nuttiness from tahini, guarantees a delightful experience for your palate.
Tofu, made from soybeans, is a fantastic source of protein, especially if you’re following a plant-based diet. It contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. It’s also a good source of iron, calcium, and minerals like manganese which support bone health.
Strawberries are juicy, delicious and packed with vitamins, fibre and high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols. They are sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie and a good source of manganese and potassium.
A treasure trove of essential vitamins and minerals
Tahini is a nutrient-dense addition made from ground sesame seeds and is a treasure trove of essential vitamins and minerals. Rich in healthy fats to help reduce inflammation, antioxidants to protect your cells from harmful oxidative stress, and a great source of calcium and iron, supporting bone health and energy levels.
Enjoy this scrumptious dessert, knowing every mouthful supports your health and wellbeing.
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 300g silken tofu
- 1 x tbsp white tahini
- 125ml coconut blossom syrup
- 3½ x tbsp agar flakes
- 125ml apple juice
- Flower Petals
- Chopped Nuts
- Mixed Berries
- Add the strawberries, tofu, tahini and coconut blossom syrup into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the apple juice and agar flakes in a small pan and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Allow the apple juice to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the agar completely dissolves.
- Pour the warm apple juice into the blender with the strawberry mixture and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the mousse into your chosen serving dishes and allow it to cool.
- Let it cool before refrigerating.
- When ready to serve, garnish with your chosen topping.
- Enjoy it chilled for the best experience.